There are rules for getting on and off the transportation (bus / train) that can be used with Iwate Area Pass.Make the journey more enjoyable by adhering to the proper rules for getting on and off!
1Boarding and Exiting a Bus
1. Buses that accept the Iwate Area Pass will display a mark indicating so. Choose a bus that has this mark.
2. Confirm your distination with the display at the front / side of the bus.
3. Vehicles with a middle door accept passengers from the middle, while vehicles with only a front door accept passengers from the front.
4. Take a boarding ticket.
5. When you hear your stop announced, press the stop button to get off.
6. Upon arriving at the bus stop, show bus crew your boarding ticket and pass, and place the ticket into the fare box.
7. Exit from the front door.
- ・The above explanation only applies to those using the Iwate Area Pass.
- ・ Please be careful not to put "Iwate Area Pass" into the fare box.
- ・Show your Iwate Area Pass so that bus crew can clealy see the validity period.
- ・If the bus is at full capacity, you may be asked to take the next bus.
- ・There may be significantly delayed arrivals or suspended service due to weather and road conditions.
- ・For vehicles with only the front entrance, passengers exiting have priority.
2Boarding and Exiting a Train
1. If station staff is present at a ticket gate, please show your Iwate Area Pass to a staff member.
* If no station staff is present, proceed to board.
2. Press the button next to the door to enter the train. The door will not open if you do not press the button.
3. When exiting the train, the first person at the exit door must press the button beside it to open it.
4. Show your Iwate Area Pass to staff at the arrival station.
* If no station staff is present, show your Iwate Area Pass to train crew. Please note that only the front door will open in this case.
Sanriku Railway trains with 1 or 2 cars are "one-man" operated trains.
For the station that have staff present, show your Iwate Area Pass to the station staff before boarding, and show train crew your Iwate Area Pass before exiting.In the case of unmanned stations, you may board the train as is, and then show your Iwate Area Pass later as you get off the train.
Please board through the head car's front door, and exit the same door when getting off the train.Note that other doors will not open.
- ・Passengers exiting a train have priority.
- ・Show your Iwate Area Pass so that train crew can clealy see the expiration date.
- ・There may be significantly delayed arrivals or suspended service due to weather and track conditions.
3How to rent a vehicle
When Renting a Car
1. Make a reservation in advance, and specify the date and time of use, number of people, prefferd car model, and rental location.
2. Please go to the rental location where you made your reservation upon the reservation date.
3. Present your international license and passport at the clerk at the rental location.
4. Confirm driving rules with the rental location.
When Returning a Rental Car
1. Please return the car to the designated rental location.
Items required for reservation
1. Name, and cantact
2. Departure date & time / rental location, return date & time / rental location
3. Preffered car model, number of passengers
4. Preffered options, child seat (for children under 6 years old)
5. Credit card information
(When using "Web payment", card member name, card type, card number, expiration date, etc.)
- ・There may be cases in which arranging a rental car with the requested content may not be possible depending on the rental location, and date and time.
- ・Rental cars do not provide unlimited riding.
4If you encounter trouble with your rental vehicle
■ Point 1
What kind of vehicle is it?
Please check the vehicle name, number and body color.
What kind of request do you have?
Please tell me the details of the vehicle trouble.
Where is the vehicle?
Please check the place name, address and landmarks.